Saturday, October 9, 2010

Shacked Up For Serious


Hi ladyfags!


Don't you just fucking love this weather?  


The leaves.  
The acrid burning smell in the air.  


Melancholy and plaid.
Honking geese.  
The bittersweet tweed of it all.


I live near an elementary school, and nothing gives me greater pleasure than to bike by the first-floor windows, where all the kids are trapped inside their classrooms.   


I like to circle slowly on the sidewalk and wave at the children. 

Then I mouth "SUCKERS!!!" and gesture at the brilliant blue sky outside. 


Laughing wildly, I pedal off into the golden morning.
[by Chloe McLennan]


There is nothing better than being done with school.


But! the best part about this time of year is the resurgence of scarves.  


YES!


One minute, it's summer and it's so fucking hot that, as you get ready to go out, you're thinking: "Accessories...hmmm...accessories...you know what?  I think skin is a good accessory"  and the next minute, it's autumn, and you go:  "This outfit sucks...but what if I add a scarf???"  


BOOM!  
Instant mystery!  
Instant "I-go-to-art-school"!
Scarves.  
Hells yes. 


Tomorrow, CJ and I are driving to Madison, WI for a little weekend trip.  
We're celebrating our five year anniversary.  


FIVE YEARS, you guys.  


If our relationship was a baby, it would have already outgrown regular Dora the Explorer and moved onto Slutty Dora.


Five years!  I've kind of been freaking out about it.


A little bit.


This is a milestone.  Five years is a big deal.


This is a bigger deal than when I turned 25 and realized that every day was another day closer to death and started asking Dee, my hairdresser, if she could see any bald spots.


Me:  No?  No thinning?  Tell me if there's any thinning, right along the crown.  I definitely thought I saw a thin patch up there the other day.


Dee:  No.


Me:  You would tell me, though, right?


Dee:  There's not.


Me:  I swear to god it's getting thinner. I'll probably go bald.  I don't mind, really.  Wigs would be ok.  Itchy, though.  Hot.


Dee:  Would you shut the fuck up.




Five years with CJ.
This is my longest romantic relationship.  By a long shot.  

And while CJ is totally fine, all breezing along and shit, I am consumed with sudden questions.

(by lesliee!!)
*What if this is it?


*What if this isn't it?


*If this isn't it, shouldn't we break up NOW?  Avoiding further time wasted?  While everyone still looks good in jeggings?


*If this is it, shouldn't I be sure?  And shouldn't something major happen, like a house or a dog or a wedding or a joint cell phone plan?  


*What if we stay together for 20 years and then break up?  Who will I date then?  Everybody good might already be taken!



Jesus. 


CJ says it's fine - everything I'm feeling is fine, and we should just take our relationship as it goes, and we don't need to make any huge decisions right this second, and nobody is breaking up with anybody in 20 years just yet, and maybe I shouldn't drink any more espresso drinks after 5 p.m.
[via pissangel]
But.  But.

Everyone I know is breaking up with each other. 
 
(by dusdincondren)


What I need are some fucking role models.


I was thinking about this the other day, and I realized something: 
I don't know any settled dyke couples.  


I don't know anybody who's been in a basically happy lesbian relationship for longer than 10 years.  


Anybody.
[via crowcrow]
I know settled gay boy couples.  That doesn't help.   
They're gay, but not gay ladies.

I know settled straight couples.  
That reeeeeeally doesn't help. 


But I don't know any dyke couples in their 40's or 50's or 60's.


Why is that?  Why don't I know any?  
Or even know of any lesbians in really long-term relationships?


Where are they?  
Prop 8 makes us furious, so a bunch of us must be in it for the long haul.


So why don't I ever see them?  The settled lesbians?

Are they lost in the black hole of having children? (You know.  Your friends have a baby and then the next time you see them, the kid is working on his fractions homework.) 

Do they live in small towns and spend their time with large gardens and a multitude of dogs? 


Or are they just so over going out that I never see them ever? 


It's possible that settled lesbian couples are all around me and I simply don't see them.  

But I want to see them!  I want to talk with them!  
Go out for beers!  


I'd love just one example of what it's like to be with another woman for a long-ass time.  

I know they're out there.


So where are they?  


Where are the dyke-y role models? 


Anybody know what it's like long-term?


[via candywarhol] 
I think I need a little inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment